It’s no secret that email marketing is one of the most powerful platforms to connect with your customers. Often taking a back seat to the buzz of social media, email marketing is known for its cost effectiveness, high conversion rate and measurability in the world of digital marketing.
From SMEs through to large corporates, email is the consistent player in your midfield – always running, keeping the play in your favour, and working to deliver small wins for your team. Whether you want to increase brand awareness, showcase new products, highlight your specials, or demonstrate thought leadership – you can achieve it all with email marketing.
Here’s 6 reasons why you need to wheel out the whiteboard, grab your non-permanent markers and map out an email marketing strategy:
1. Return on marketing spend is superbo
According to Campaign Monitor, email marketing returns a whopping 4400% on investment. Do the math and this puts $44 into your pocket for every dollar spent. Yep, make it rain baby!
2. Your audience already thinks you’re ace
Reaching your audience via email gives you the opportunity to speak to a warm audience who already know and like you (how could they not). Kudos to you because these discerning people have opted in to receive information from your business. This means you can skip the part of dressing up in your Sunday best to impress… and move straight into the conversation and building your relationship.
3. You can tailor your email message for each customer
Moving away from ye olde mass marketing approach, email marketing done right gives you the power to send personalised content in real time. Start by asking your customers the right questions to determine what they’re interested in, what they want to hear about and their preferred time to shop. Then use this information to send the right offer or message to the right person at the right time. Yes, it is absolutely possible.
Want to go next level? Add personalisation to your email marketing strategy to increase your customer engagement exponentially. Throw in email automation (your software should offer this option), and you’ll see a mighty pay off – more sales for you. Insert toe-tapping happy dance.
4. Increase brand loyalty and trust
Building loyalty and trust in your brand is one of the cornerstones to growing your business. Email marketing not only provides a window for you to showcase your wares, it’s fundamental to instilling confidence, brand allegiance and advocacy for your product.
Think about it… imagine you’ve just met someone you fancy at your second cousin’s wedding. You both have the same sense of humour, great dress sense and phenomenal Travolta dance moves. You laughed together all night. You’ll definitely catch up again… but it will take a few dates before you head off for a romantic weekend away. The same principle applies to the relationship you form with your prospects and customers. They find you and like what they see, but often it will take a bit of time before they purchase from you. They need to get to know you better, build some trust, before they wholly commit. What better way to do this, then to email them on a regular basis, letting them know how you’ve helped others and how you can help them.
5. You sell more
Senior Execs and Accounting Department: this one is for you. We’re talking a boost to the bottom line. Simply by emailing your current customers and subscribers with your latest offers, specials and sweet deals – you can easily drive both online and in-store sales. Again, sending the right message at the right time to the right people is a proven strategy for marketing success.
6. Measure, improve, repeat.
Imagine launching a marketing campaign and being able to see real-time results and reports on its success. From Email Opens to Click Through Rate, even Bounces and Unsubscribes, you can delve in deep to find what pushes your customers’ buttons, or more importantly what buttons they’re pushing / tapping in your email. Plus it’s one of the few marketing platforms where you can split test your campaigns, trying different subject lines, layout and Call to Actions. Test, send, measure, improve. Repeat. Winning.
So what does this mean for your business?
Email marketing gives you a huge opportunity to tap into your customer base, build strong ongoing relationships, and drive more sales and business growth.
Where do you begin?
- Find an email marketing software platform to suit your business. I use Campaign Monitor, but it’s a good idea to first do some research and find the best fit for you. Here’s a quick comparison on different features and pricing. Most are very user friendly, with drag and drop functionality, plus an abundance of templates for you to choose from and brand accordingly.
- Make sure you use the free trial period on your chosen email software platform. And really use it – test your design, ease of use, check the reporting function.
- Design your email message, upload your database and hit send. Give yourself a pat on the back, you are quite the email marketing genius.
- Explore and use the full suite of sophisticated features offered by your email software program – personalisation, automation, etc. You’ll get much more bang for your buck, it will save you a heap of time, and your customers will love you (even more).
Like to know more about email marketing and how it can generate ongoing loyalty, trust and sales for your business? Speak to our MOMO Copywriting specialist, Amy – 0402 055 156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.